Apple Day on hCG Diet

Sometimes you may stall or hit a plateau (3 days with no weight loss) even if you strictly follow the protocol. If you hit a serious plateaus (5 days or longer with no loss), we strongly suggest reading Simeons’ Pounds and Inches. Keep in mind that even if you are not loosing pounds, you may be loosing inches so measure yourself regularly. Below is what Simeons refers to as a plateau.

“A plateau lasts 4-6 days and frequently occurs during the second half of a full course, particularly in patients that have been doing well and whose overall average of nearly a pound per effective injection has been maintained. Those who are losing more than the average all have a plateau sooner or later. A plateau always corrects, itself, but many patients who have become accustomed to a regular daily loss get unnecessarily worried and begin to bet. No amount of explanation convinces them that a plateau does not mean that they are no longer responding normally to treatment.” (Pounds & Inches, pg. 26)

While the hCG protocol reports “apple days” as purely psychological, many participants report a loss of 2 pounds the day after an apple day. This usually stops the stall and you begin loosing regularly after doing an apple day. See below the instructions for doing an apple day.

“In such cases we consider it permissible, for purely psychological reasons, to break up the plateau. This can be done in two ways. One is a so-called “apple day”. An apple-day begins at lunch and continues until just before lunch of the following day. The patients are given six large apples and are told to eat one whenever they feel the desire though six apples is the maximum allowed. During an apple-day no other food or liquids except plain water are allowed and of water they may only drink just enough to quench an uncomfortable thirst if eating an apple still leaves them thirsty. Most patients feel no need for water and are quite happy with their six apples. Needless to say, an apple- day may never be given on the day on which there is no injection. The apple-day produces a gratifying loss of weight on the following day, chiefly due to the elimination of water. This water is not regained when the patients resume their normal 500- Calorie diet at lunch, and on the following days they continue to lose weight satisfactorily.” (Pounds & Inches, pg. 26)

Comments

1. Lfortin81 says:

wondering if same results with like apples, strawberries cantalope….all day with just apples is boring.

2. Steflosborn says:

Cantalope??  I didn’t think any fruits were allowed but grapefruit, apples, oranges or strawberries…..

3. I am a little confused about the apple day. Say I start the apple day tomorrow (Saturday).  I have nothing for breakfast and have my first apple at lunch time. How many apples to I have on Saturday and then on Sunday? and then when do I start eating other foods? Sunday or Monday? Thanx!

You basically do apples for 24 hours. So if you have nothing for breakfast then eat apples for the day and then the next morning have your last apple followed by your regular menu for the day. If you read Pounds and Inches it tells you to eat 6 apples so just spread them out.

4. Patti Grant says:

I started the hgc diet 12 days ago and ws doing good losing 1 to 1/2 lbs each day……. but about 4-5 days ago, I stopped losing and even gained a 1/2 lbs. I have ordered Dr Simeons but do not have it yet.  Every thing I see now refers to that….. but I need help today. What is the APPLE DAY ?

5. I started the hgc diet 12 days ago and ws doing good losing 1 to 1/2 lbs each day……. but about 4-5 days ago, I stopped losing and even gained a 1/2 lbs. I have ordered Dr Simeons but do not have it yet.  Every thing I see now refers to that….. but I need help today. I have heard of the APPLE DAY but I need to know exactly how to do it. Do I start with lunch, can I drink coffee,tea, no water, some water…….there is stuff all over the internet.

6. Playgurl_linz says:

do i still take my 3 times a day drops well doing an apple aday?

7. Gaineypassass says:

i reached my goal in phase 2 stopped drops yesturday. have gained 2.2 pounds thas rediculous . so now do i do a steak day and increase calories tomorrow or do i do 500 tomorrow since its the seconday day off today and im having steak

8. Bhole1 says:

DO YOU STILL TAKE THE 10 DROPS 30 MINUTES BEFORE EACH MEAL….BONNIE

9. Iam on my 15 day of hcg diet including the loading days i lost only 3 kilos then i stopped loosing weight, any suggestions????

10. I think I need to do the apple day, however I am a coffee drinker & I don’t want to feel any worse by not having it. Can I have it in the morning, then do the apple day?

11. I have gianed 1 pound since yesterday and before that my weight has stalled for 3 days. I want to do the apple day today but I ate an egg white with melba toast this morning and coffee. Should I start the apple day untill tomorrow?

12. I am on day 24 (including the 2 eating days) I have lost 15.7 lbs but for the last 3 days I have only lost ounces. I am going to do the the apple day today. Does it matter if some of the apples that I eat today are baked? or do they have to be raw? I also have the Eleotin Tea, Should I drink that instead of water? Please advise. Also I will finish this phase at the end of this month but I am going on vacation the day after I finish for a week when I start the next phase. I am not sure if I can fit a scale inside my suitcase. Any advise for this? It took me so long to loose this weight and I do not want to gain it. I could use your assistance. Thank you.

Trackbacks

1. [...] Plateau Breaker Tips on the download page.  The only acceptable correction day for Phase 2 is the Apple Day. The other correction/alternative correction days are for Phase 3 [...]