hCG Chocolate Delight – For Any Phase!

1 C. cocoa
1 C. Coconut Oil, melted
8 packages Stevia
Flavored Stevia – Peppermint, English Toffee (Optional)

Fluff cocoa with a fork to break up any chunks. Add melted Coconut Oil.

Mix in Stevia adding more or less depending on taste.

Comments

1. Carol Ensminger says:

Jennifer, It’s actually recommended to do daily! I eat about 3 of those little babies every day along with 12-15 Macadamia nuts and my keytones are pretty high – so that means my body is burning fat!
    Carol

2. My thoughts on the Choco Delight and hCG diet food in general-

Why was I not about this when I first started hCG? I followed godchik61′s recipe from her video blog. Although I couldn’t find the exact agave type she said to use, the store just had a generic agave syrup, which I guess is the same. One thing I found is that for me the chocolate approved hCG only tastes good when its frozen. For some reason when it is frozen, the chalky cocoa taste goes away and it is more like a regular chocolate bar. The only downfall to this recipe is how much the ingredients cost in specific stevia and coconut oil (if you know of a cheap place to get these pleast let me know), but I would give just about anything for some chocolate that I’m allowed to eat while taking hCG. I did use macadamia nuts, not sure if I am actually supposed to since I am only on P2. They do help to give the chocolate less of a “diet” taste if you know what I mean.

Another great thing about this recipe is the discovery of coconut oil! Not sure what I would actually want to fry with it. It is always nice to have multiple options when considering what to cook. I might try to fry some shrimp, if so I will let you know how that goes. I know I said shrimp doesn’t seem very filling, but I hate not incorporating it into the diet so I am in search of a filling shrimp recipe.

To continue with my talk about food :) I tried the apple cider vinaigrette dressing and it is by far the best salad dressing I have ever had! The great thing about the hCG diet is that during the 26 day diet period, you get into a habit of eating things that both taste good and are incredibly healthy for the body. A habit that will hopefully continue after the 26 days and develop into a healthier lifestyle.

3. Can you have chocolate delight in Phase 2?

• Yes, not only is Chocolate Delight approved for Phase 2 but it also does not count against your 500 calories. Enjoy. It has great benefits of helping you raise your keytones and lose more weight.

4. Can you have chocolate delight in Phase 2?

5. Carol Ensminger says:

Carol

• I tried this on p2 yesterday without the nuts and gained .2. Feedback pleas…?

I would need more info to really determine what the issues is. Like what day you are on, losses, etc. I would try it again in a few days. Most have very good luck with it.

• I’m om R4P2 have lost 50 lbs and just have a week or so until I start P3a. (Thanks!)

Since you are so close to starting P3 it could be your body is to the point where it just is done loosing. If your scale still doesn’t move much you can try it again, or wait until next week :)

6. My thoughts on the Choco Delight and hCG diet food in general-

7. Tonya Jones says:

Swanson on line have the lowest cost of the coconut oil and stevia

8. Tonya Jones says:

Swanson on line have the lowest cost of the coconut oil and stevia

9. Jacob,

I love cooking shrimp in coconut oil. I toss 6-8 shrimp (one HCG portion, depending on size) in a bowl with pepper, garlic powder, and lime juice, then sautee in about 1 Tbsp coconut oil. It’s quick, delicious, and foolproof, so it’s a great meal when you’re in a hurry.

10. Jacob,

11. Wait! Can you eat this on phase 2???

12. Yes Chocolate Delight is P2 friendly and helps increase Ketones to burn fat.

13. How much on VLCD? We can't have coconut oil until P3, right??

14. Many people use Coconut Oil and Macadamia nuts on P2 and have really good results. Some use it and don't. It's important that you find the balance that works for you. I would use about 2-3 Tbsp of Coconut Oil and no more than 15 mac nuts. See how that works for you. It is recommended that you do these items occasionally – for instance to help break a stall, or have a cheat food and not to use them every day.

15. Williams Shannan says:

How does it not count against your 500 Calories???? That would be fantastic!

16. carolensminger says:

We make it with coconut oil which is used in our bodies as energy and does not store as fat. (Same goes for MCT oil) As always, try a little and see how your body reacts. We all react differently, but most loose while consuming.

17. carolensminger says:

18. Kayeedo says:

does anyone make this and have a bitter aftertaste?

19. yes and here is a link for tips for non bitter chocolate delight http://miracleskinnydrops.com/2010/02/tricks-fo

20. can we use almonds instead??

• can we for sure have macadamia nuts on phase 2
      plus my chocolate came out bitter!!!!!! i think from the stevia what else can i use??????

21. Snovprice says:

Did you record this video while on Ph 2? And about how long does it take for the chocolate delight to set in the refrigerator?

• Yes this video was recorded while on P2. Coconut oil sets up at room temperature, so if you put it in the freezer it will set up in 5-10 minutes. Even though it’s “frozen” it is not hard to bite into and eat because it quickly melts.

• yes the video was recorded during p2. It does not take long for the coconut oil to harden the chocolate once it reaches a freezing temp

22. Coconut oil is great on the P2 veggies and meat! My daughter cooks her veggies in the oil, I like to wait and add it after they are cooked. I often use garlic and salt to follow! When I make the chocolate delight I keep the oil warm while stirring and I do not have the chalky deal that way. I set my little bowl in a larger bowl of microwaved hot water.

23. Teachfishlive says:

okay – I have to ask I apologize but it just seems too good to be true. I am a coconut oil addict and have used it for years as it helps the thyroid gland tremendously and I have thyroid issues, BIG TIME! I’ve read all the posts here and understand that you can have coconut oil on phase 2 of HCG but I have additional questions. 1. I inject hcg (sorry I just learned of skinny drops today) if I use this method of hcg vs drops can I still eat some coconut oil and continue to see a lose? 2. For the people it does not work for, do they just see a 1 day stall or a long time stall? I am only on this for 23 days total and have to come off so I was hoping to lose as much as possible during this round, I don’t have days to lose. Maybe I will try the coconut oil at the end and see what it does for me. Any information you can share is greatly appreciated. :) thank you!

• I would say the majority use coconut oil at least in Chocolate Delight in Phase 2. We find it to be a great cooking alternative for life.

24. Marinesangel says:

I have a question, could I eat this any time of the day, or do I have to replace a meal or snack with it?? Thanks so much for the chocolate recipes. It will make this much easier. I can’t wait to get the chocoate stevia and use it in my decaf coffee at night!

25. I need to know how you melt the coconut oil ? The oil I have you are to put in hot water for several minute and stir. Will I did that and it got soft but not like you have it in the video.

26. Poolpolice says:

I have been using the coconut oil for the past two days after seeing in Carol’s Youtube video and I have had loses both days ( 1 1/2 lbs each day). I’m using few mac nuts-less than 5 a day as I am usually a “staller” on EVERYTHING DARN THING that wasn’t on the original protocol. The oil really does seem to make the diet easier and makes me feel “full. I like the candy-I haven’t tried the agave yet however…maybe in a few days once I am able to wrap my brain around the idea that it is same. I’ll of course, have to do a test day first.

27. Sumerlady says:

I added a little shake of salt to cut the bitterness

28. Can this be used during P1 or am I dreaming? The title says hCG chocolate for any Phase. I just started the hCG diet but am having a difficult time giving up chocolate. I am using the raw cacao and coconut oil but have a feeling I am making a mistake. I feel very hungry on this diet and the coconut oil seems to help.

• yes and it does not count against your calories. You can have several
      pieces per day. You can have coconut oil on this diet as it stores as
      energy and not fat.

• I think I had P1 & P2 confused. P2 is when you start the drops, right? I’m assuming you knew what I meant and your answer was for P2 since you said it does not count against your calories. I’m finding the taste not to be very good. Can agave nectar be added during P2? Thanks!

• JessLouise2002 says:

Have them up the dosage on your shots; unless you are doing the drops – then I am not sure what you should do but up the amount you take.  I am on the shots and I’m up to 300 on them – works great!

29. I tried this last night and I was so excited to weigh this morning! When I weighed as soon as I woke up, I was only down .2 lbs. When I weighed after my shower, about 10 minutes later, the scale showed I was up a whopping 1.2 from the day before (or even 10 minutes ago…). So, I don’t know what to believe about the chocolate delight. I ate it along with strawberries, so could that be it? I found it to be very good if you dip strawberries in it first!

Anyway, I don’t think that I did anything that was off the diet yesterday except eat this, so I’m afraid to try it again. Based on this, do you think there’s anything I did wrong? Should I just not trust the scales?

• Never re weigh.. Your weight is always first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom.. To weigh after a shower when your tissues have all heated up will not give you your actual at rest weight..;) that is why we always weigh first thing to get the actual weight from day before any other time of the day it fluctuates because of water weight

Shawna Culp

The coconut oil would not of packed on that amount of a weight. I only weigh first thing in the morning and don’t get back on the scale and may things play a role in the numbers. I would give this another try in a few days and try and weigh in at the same time every morning right after you empty your bladder.

• I use my magic bullet mixer to make stevia into POWDERED Stevia & use it in chocolate delight, tasting as I go.  It is wonderful & kept me on the diet.  A little went a long way.  I will worry about the weight tomorrow.  This is not daily for me just a way to avoid crashing!  Yea!

• Thank you both for responding! I’ll definitely only weigh once per day, as soon as I wake up from now on! Also, I have an additional question that I’d like to ask in a private forum, can I email either of you? Or vice versa? Please??? :)

30. use flavored stevia drops and no agave in p2.. yes p2 is when you are on drops

31. I am only on day 3 of P1 and I did not even know I could use coconut oil!! Im doing the spray, and when I bought it, no mention of coconut oil was made, this will not affect my weight loose?

32. LazarusMan says:

Thanks for this great recipe. I am on my 3rd round of phase 2 (lost 85 lbs so far) and I am hitting a wall energetically and weight-wise. I have tried this and I FEEL VERY GOOD, which is a huge indicator to me that my body wants this.

Question: How much of chocolate delight are you eating a day (in grams)? I ask for a weight because looks can be very deceiving and thickness of the candy can halve or triple the actually volume.

33. Rachellaughs says:

I made the recipe as shown 1c. coconut oil, 1 c. cocoa etc. I made it into mini muffin liners….I think I got about 25 candies-how many of these per day? Does it depend on whether I use the oil to cook my veggies in also?

34. I am not taking your particular brand of hCG. I am taking an oral homeopathic. I am on R1P2, over halfway through. I am crazy about coconut oil and raw cocoa powder, but have read to not take coconut oil on P2. I know many many people have asked this already, but it really is ok to eat chocolate and coconut oil on hCG P2? This would help tremendously, as I have been having some cravings the last couple days.

35. Kbug428 says:

I made some tonight and it tasted HORRIBLE! I wonder what I did wrong because I almost lost it all…any suggestions on making it better? I did 3 TB. cocoa, 3 TB coconut oil and 6 packets of stevia…with a shake of sea salt to cut the bitterness. blah..will try again later. Can I melt it again?

• yes use liquid stevia,, less cocoa and add a flavoring like Capella drops or
      similar.. I put coffee flavor in mine, vanilla stevia 2-3 liquid droppers..
      Always taste as you go and adjust.. Also adding a dash of salt will cut down
      on any bitter. Too much chocolate seems to cause bitterness and I prefer
      Carob powder..

Shawna Culp

• I use 1 spoon of cocoa(Carob) per 2 T of coconut oil..

Shawna Culp

36. Clueless says:

so i’m going to try and make this monday, and i believe i’m phase 2 because i’m using the drops but i thought i was phase 1 so apparently idk what im doing ive lost 10.4 lbs in about 15 days… i didnt know i was allowed to have Macedamian nuts? i thought nuts werent allowed someone tell me if doing this right… i wrote a typical day of what i eat ..

1/2 grapefruit or 4 strawberries or apple
    emergencee vitamins (for energy)

chicken
    crystal hot sauce
    cucumbers tomatoes or broccoli

asparagus
    shrimp or chicken

i also drink 4 huge things or water
    once in blue moon a 0 calorie soda
    and r we allowed to have crystal light?

37. Clueless says:

does this also taste like dark chocolate? because i love dark chocolate :)

38. Does the coconut oil in the chocolate delight help on phase 2? Also do I need to count the calories, or how much I eat?

39. Lifegiver_57 says:

I have a question: We can eat Chocolate Delight on Phase3 right? If so, how much and does it count as part of the daily calorie intake?

40.  My recipe: mix coconut oil (Nutiva brand) and cocoa powder(Herschey’s Special Dark in a 4:3 ratio) – I usually do 6 tbsp:8tbsp , mix in liquid stevia (KAL liquid is the best) to taste. I am now going to start experiment by adding peanut butter, dried coconut, almond meal, and other yum stuff.

Is your job perfect? Economical job placement assistance. http://www.jobwaltz.com

41. I have a question guys, I am on phase 3 and I made some chocolate delight with 2 tablespoons of the oil, same cocoa powder, and stevia. (That’s it) I did two batches cuz I wanted to try two different ways, and ate it all… But now I am so scared I am going to gain a lot from this because I ate so many!! (About 6-7 candies) And the calorie count came up to over 500 from the coconut oil… O.O Do you think I will gain from this??? I’m so scared… Had a hard time stablizing lately. =/

42. yes you can 4T max :)

43. yes it does

44. I am surprised at this, because my weight loss coach (who has done 4 rounds of HCG and is on multiple HCG groups) says this: In Phase 3 and Phase 4, coconut oil is wonderful. But in Phase 2, it is the kiss of death for the protocol, since the body basically sucks it up and uses it immediately. If you have oil in Phase 2, your body
    will use it instead of taking your body fat to feed you, and you won’t reset
    because the hypothalamus isn’t getting the same effect on it as the protocol
    does as it was designed.Trust me, it will not help you in P2, it will make it so you can’t stabilize later. Maybe for multiple rounds. I know this from my own experience, and have seen *many* people who
    gained all the weight back after using coconut oil in their diet phase (I
    had two of them just this past week call me, and both gained all the weight
    back plus some, and had used CO in their P2). Plus, there are many, *many*
    who have come crying back to the groups who used it ‘because someone told
    them to’, having gained all their weight back.

I didn’t use coconut oil in my first round and really struggled stabilizing. The next round I used it and I stabilized perfectly. I also kept the weight off and I have been off for well over a year. I have kept MCT and coconut oil in my daily diet ever since.

45. I crushed up 20 macadamia nuts and added it to the mix.  Left out the agave since I’m in P2.  Should that be ok?  I actually gained 0.4 lbs as of this morning after eating this last night.  I’m not sure it’s the Choco delight though since I seem to be stalling anyhow. Any thoughts? Are the macadamia nuts ok in P2?  ( either way I’m LOVING it, I’d hate to have to give it back up)

46. Ktevebaugh787 says:

I can’t stand stevia, it’s so gross. I’ve tried powder and liquid…is there something else I can use instead, I’m on p2?? Also, my chocolate delight was horrible so bitter! I think if I could use a different sweetner I would like it.

• carolensminger says:

You can try carab powder instead of cocoa. it’s a lot less bitter http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001CXUDG?ie=UTF8&tag=mirskidro-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B0001CXUDG

here is the stevia I use. It is a lot less bitter.

• Sweetjules21 says:

I use splenda for all 4 rounds and it is way better than stevia for taste.. There are other natural sweeteners in most natural food stores that you can look into as well

• FYI, Splenda is chemically derived and NOT a good choice for your overall well-being and health. They are just beginning to find it is leading to increases of cancer, sleeplessness  and yes… even weight gain. Organic, pure and cleanly processed stevia (beware of blends by big manufacturers who add other fillers) is from a plant and much healthier for you. It does not spike your sugar levels and even contains antioxidants. I would encourage research… because Splenda can be detrimental to long-term health.

47. Laceybell says:

Has anyone felt sick to the stomach after eating choco delight?  I made some for the first time and had some after dinner.  Maybe I ate too much, but it was delicious.  I made it on a plate, so not sure how much I ate.  Maybe next time I should use ice cube trays or something like that – put exactly 1T in each?

48. cookiesncream says:

I made this and it came out bitter. I put 8 packs of stevia.

here are the ingredients I had

1 Cup Hershey Cocoa
    1 Cup Coconut Oil (Organic) melted
    Stevia (8 packets)
    C&H Ageva Nectar (3 drops)

I didn’t have any Stevia flavoring, plus directions said it was optional. Is that where I went wrong. HElp!

Also, is this for P2 or P3 cuz I found this for P2 but in the recipe it stated the Ageva Nectar is for P3 and if that is the case then is there a substitute for it for P2?

49. Vegas4831 says:

When you are done mixing everything up do you put everything in the fridge? how long?

50. Try adding some ground expresso….so yummy!!!!

51. Thanky you thank you thank you thank you!!!! I was just geting ready to give up when I found out about this!!!!

52. can you use macadamia nuts on phase one?  I am 20 days in and doing well but need some chocolate..

53. Hello.. I have been following ur recipies and they do help.. One question is on the Cocoa.. what kind of cocoa can I use… Im on phase 3 now and have lost a total of 25lb on phase 2 and want to make sure to do my best not to gain it back… I appreciate all u have shown me on cooking different meals because it has helped… thanks..

54. Catsdmann says:

I loved Chocolate Delight and have been tweaking the recipe

For Phase 4
    1 Cup melted coconut oil

then add with a wisk the following:
    1/4 cup Cacao power ( this is a pure form of the chocolate bean and has no bitterness)
    1/2 cup Dark chocolate powder
    2 Tbs Stevia powder
    1 Tbs Agave

divide into 4 small containers but first sprinkle the bottom of the container with Dried Unsweetened Coconut Flakes

Pour mixture over the top making 4 portions

Option
    add nuts

Place in freezer for a half hour

Enjoy one portion per day.

Keep the rest in Frig.

55. I lost 30 lbs. on my first 40 days with hcg and I used coconut oil for cooking and I ate chocolate delight regularly. I stabilized and actually lost another 10 lbs. on maintenance over the last five months. I started back yesterday on hcg to lose the final 15. Not sure why several people below said you would gain all the weight back if you use coconut oil during P2, but that sure wasn’t the case for me.

56. I’m day 2 of P2 (not my first round), how soon can I have this chocolate delight?

• CD the original recipe of cocoa, coconut oil and stevia can be used at 2T total only per day in phase 2. If you are using coconut or MCT oil to cook adjust your amounts to no more than 2T total per day of oil

57. I just discovered your video blogs. Thank you for sharing so much helpful information. I just started the the HCG diet and you have provided so much helpful
    information. Thank you!

58. Hi! I can’t wait to try this recipe, just bought all the ingredients a couple hours ago. I didn’t notice the part about agave nectar only being for P3 though. Will it still work if I leave it out?

59. Carol, you say on phase 2 you eat Mac nuts and choco delights. Is this everyday? Or just at stalls? Shawna says only for stalls. Can you please tell me if I can have these everyday . Thank you . P.s. I am doing 125 ius of therapeutic shots.

60. I’m trying this right now :) day 8 of ph2 round 1. Down 8lbs so far but at a stall. I’d love to join the support group :)

61. Love love love love chocolate delight! And the Detox Tea. Love it!

62. Ok…i am reading everything…starting VLCDP1D1 tomorrow. I am not a good cook and i don’t really enjoy cooking. To have the same results as DC, can i use take rasperry ketones while in P2.

• Some have reported stalls with this supplement and others have done fine with it. I kept cooking basic on p2– the protocol works as long as you follow it..nothing fancy required :)

63. No one really answered the question can we use almonds instead?

64. hello, i was wondering if you could use cacao instead of cocoa? and also how much is in a sachet of stevia? is it the equivalent to one teaspoon of sugar? ive got stevia powder in a bottle and it has a tiny scoop and was wondering if that would be the same as one packet? its the nirvana brand if that helps. thanks :)

65. I have conflicting info…
    In one video, Carol says to eat up 10-15 mac nuts a day to prevent a stall and 3 TBSP coconut delight daily. BUT, she has since stated only use mac nuts if you are currently in a stall and only 2TBSP coconut delight….
    I just had a 2 week stall, broke by a fat fast, and am NOT wanting to do that again!!!
    Please help and clarify these 2 topics.
    Thank You!!!!

66. Vincent De Muro says:

I just stumbled upon this site and I have a few questions.
    First, I am on the hCG injections at 15 units a day and my protocol is as little fat as possible. Is it OK for me to use coconut oil? I am not sure how your drops work, but my system uses adipose fat reserves stimulated by the hCG hormone. No sugar, minimal starch (like 8 carbs) and 4 oz of lean protein only twice a day. Two fruits, and all the low starch veggies that fill me. Some days I go beyond 500 calories, some days I am below. This being the second go around, I know where I should be. That said, I would step over my own mother for a piece of chocolate right about now. While not really hungry (mostly psychological at this point), I have created many recipes which I enjoy on this diet, but I would be thrilled to be able to incorporate coconut oil as a cooking tool.
    This is my second round in two years. I did stall about half-way through on my first round years ago, but only briefly and then again at the end of my injections. I am half way through this round now, but have not seen any stalling yet, making good gains (losses), so I don’t know if experimenting will work. If I stall using coconut oil, maybe it is because I was meant to stall about now? If I DON’T stall, then I will know that coconut oil is OK and will have to have a serious sit down with my practitioner. But your recommendation is to use this WHEN you stall. See my confusion?
    So, I am Phase 2, Day 26, down 23 lbs, in the “about 1 lb a day” area. Looking forward to a 50 lb total drop. I lift, and last time I put on 10 lbs in Phase 3 (but dropped two more inches).
    I lost 50 lbs the first time around, but after two years, gained 30 back. I am almost to my original post diet weight now and want to keep going. I would absolutely incorporate coconut oil into Phase 3, which is only 15 days away. But, if I don’t have to wait that long, I’m game.

• Here is the info on co http://www.miracleskinnydrops.com/coconut-oil-and-mct-oil/ coconut oil used the in the right amounts is like a supplement as it burns as energy vs storing. Usually if anyone has issues with it – it is due to over consumption. It is an optional item that most are successful using

• Vincent De Muro says:

Oh. My. God.
        This chocolate delight is my salvation. And I was down another pound today. So, today will make three days trying chocolate delight, with no drop after day 1, a 1 lb-drop after day 2 and we’ll see what tomorrow brings.
        I’m using 2 tbs organic coconut oil, 2-1/2 tbs of 100% coco (i enjoy the bitter – thinking of going to 3), 5 drops liquid stevia and 1 packet blue agave. Pouring this out into 4 paper cups and having 2 at a time. If I keep dropping, I’ll keep using it. I also used 1 tbs in my shrimp stir fry for lunch, so that will top off what I will try for this day. In Phase 3, I am going to cook EVERYTHING with it.

Trackbacks

1. [...] little research to see if there was something chocolate that I could eat, and I found a recipe for Chocolate Delight…. check it out, haven’t made it yet, but I’m looking forward to it =) Share [...]

2. [...] P3 foods so far: Eggs. Bacon. Avocados.  ”Chocolate Delight” (I eat these 4 items at least once per day) Galaxie d’Andromède (M31) (Photo credit: [...]