Steak & Cheese Day on the hCG Diet

STEAK & CHEESE DAY: The person is told to eat two eggs for breakfast and a huge steak for lunch and dinner followed by a large helping of cheese. When this treatment is followed, two lbs. can vanish overnight, the swollen ankles are normal but sleep was disturbed, owing to an extraordinary need to pass large quantities of water.1

STEAK DAY: As long as the weight stays within two pounds of the weight reached on the day of the last injection, one should take no notice of any increase. However, the moment the scale goes beyond 2 lbs., even if this is only a few ounces, they must on that same day entirely skip breakfast and lunch but take plenty to drink. In the evening, they must eat a huge steak with only an apple or a raw tomato. This rule applies only to the morning weight. It is of the utmost importance that this be done on the same day as the scale registered an increase of more than two pounds from the weight you achieved on the last injection day. You must NOT postpone this protocol until the next day.1
TO AVOID A STEAK DAY: This method is not meant to take the place of a steak day. It is only intended to drop some weight when you are getting close to a required Steak Day. If you see a Steak Day drawing near, you can do the following, which will usually bring your weight down a pound or so the next day. 1) Drink lots of water that day; 2) Don’t eat until lunch; 3) Have a whole can of tuna (water packed), or chicken with mayo on either lettuce or celery for lunch; 4) Have a big portion of protein for dinner with a small salad and 0-1 carbohydrate dressing (ex. Ranch); 5) If you are extremely hungry, you could also have 2 eggs for breakfast.

Comments

1. You can email them on the contact page or contact me or Carol on Facebook.

Thanks
    Shawna Culp
    Shawna@MediaPowerTools.com

2. hcgjourney says:

Thanks for the steak day info. I have “private” questions – where should I direct them?

3. You can email them on the contact page or contact Shawna or Carol on Facebook.

4. I should have done a steak day yesterday but didn’t as I didn’t realize I had to do it immediately – sort of forgot. What is best to do now? A steak day? Or wait until tomorrow and do a steak and cheese day. I am on Round 2 Phase 3 and never had to worry about a steak day…thanks for your help!

• Do and steak and cheese. It is easier and you still loose. I think I did a
      vlog. But a steak day will still produce a loss even if it is not the first
      day.

• Thanks so much Shawna! I missed the 2 eggs for breakfast as I started the day out planning on doing a Steak day. I did have some cheese following my steak and an apple. I was down the 3lbs I had gained! I really appreciate your response and this website! It is becoming a great resource for me! Many best wishes!

5. I’m on phase 4 and having trouble maintaining. I did fine in phase 3 with hardly any problems. I’m working grave yard shift Thursday and friday and I notice that the scales fluctuate quite a bit on those nights I work. I’ve been trying to add slowly back in, and I’m finding hard to drink the water. The only thing i’ve added back in would be organic sausage, Dryers sugar free ice cream, and cheese. When I go onto fit day to add in my food log it says that my fat percentage is higher or almost 50-50 to my protein. Any recommendations on people working the night shift and when to weigh and eat etc? Thanks!!

• I would weigh right after you wake up not In the morning when you get off work since that is your daytime. I would recommend reading the protein list and try to get you daily intake of calories to be 60% protein even adding protein drinks would be helpful. There are some on the blog. Watch for hidden sugars especially in the sugar free items most the time there are harmful sugars in them. All processed foods can contain hidden sugars as well. Not getting adequate sleep can effect the scale so make sure you are getting 7-8 hours :)

Shawna Culp

6. Kelliegilliam says:

can I do a steak day if I’m on day 21 of phase 2. Haven’t lost any weight in two days, actually gained .7 lbs???

7. Jennybean1 says:

I am trying the steak and cheese day for the first time today. We are having Prime Rib tonight for dinner with guests. Has anyone tried eating a lean cut of prime rib or another red meat on steak or steak & cheese day? Also, what constitutes a “large” helping of cheese? I just love your site! Thank you!!

It’s best to have a large lean cut of meat so Prime rib should be good. You really just need to do the “large” for the steak which should be as much as you can eat. Enjoy and happy releases :)

8. I should’ve done a steak day today, but didn’t. In reading this, I have a question about the steak & cheese day. Am I reading correctly, that you should have a steak for lunch & dinner? If so, should each steak be followed by cheese, or only dinner? Also, do you eat an apple also? I appreciate your help:)

Yes you should have steak for lunch and dinner, and eat cheese after eating both servings of steak. Pounds & Inches doesn’t mention eating fruit, so to be safe stick with the eggs, steak, and cheese for the day.

9. I’m on the 3rd day of Phase 3 and already gained 2.5 pounds even though I didn’t eat anything yesterday that wasn’t on the program. Stayed away from sugars and starches but wasn’t able to eat 5 smalls – just had cottage cheese for breakfast, lunch of salad with shrimp, tomato and T of ranch dressing, then dinner of ahi and spinach with ovoo. Any suggestions on what kind of steak to eat today? Usually eat filet mignon because that’s so low in fat but the protocol says to get a large, marbled steak. Thanks

10. I’m on the 3rd day of Phase 3 and already gained 2.5 pounds even though I didn’t eat anything yesterday that wasn’t on the program. Stayed away from sugars and starches but wasn’t able to eat 5 smalls – just had cottage cheese for breakfast, lunch of salad with shrimp, tomato and T of ranch dressing, then dinner of ahi and spinach with ovoo. Any suggestions on what kind of steak to eat today? Usually eat filet mignon because that’s so low in fat but the protocol says to get a large, marbled steak. Thanks

11. Jennifer this did not come to my inbox.. if you do not get a response in the future send an email through contact page.. how are you doing now?

12. Cherry8759 says:

Love it! you are awesome!

13. I am four lbs above my LDW. I was three lbs above the other day, did a steak day and lost a pound, (so I was still 2 over), then somehow gained two lbs yesterday! (After researching more I realized I’m eating way too many nuts and seeds! And I’ve indulged in dried fruit a couple times.)
    I’m doing a steak day today. Any way I can get back down during maintanence, or will I just have to wait till I go back on drops? (I’m planning another round this fall.)

14. Swafam7 says:

I was out of town and not able to weigh for 2 days…I just got home but it is late afternoon and of course I am above my Last day weight. I am afraid that if I have gained 2 lbs or more I’ve missed the steak day window! What do I do if I get on the scale and my fear come true? Should I try the steak day and see if it works, I have no idea I I would have gained it today or 2 days ago!??

15. Peg Mulvihill says:

I was maintaining at 2 lbs above my LDW for the first 2 weeks of P3. Then 2 weeks ago when TOM was do I went up 1 lb. I didn’t do a correction day knowing I always go up at this time of the month. Well, every day for the past 2 weeks I’ve stayed at 3 lbs over and TOM did not come. (its normal for me to be a few days late, but never this late) Well, today TOM arrived and I am still 3 lbs over. Is it way too late to do a steak day? I would like to be at my LDW but not sure a correction day would help at this point since I seem to have stabilized at this weight for the past 2 weeks. Any advice would be great.

16. I would email me and lets see if we can figure out what is going on
    shawna@mediapowertools.com

17. How many ounces of steak do you eat per meal? Also do you use butter or oil to cook the steaks or eggs in?

• carolensminger says:

I ate until I was full. You can use butter, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Peanut, Mac nut, MCT or coconut oil.

18. Valerie says:

Would hamburger work the same as steak?

19. How much cheese should be eaten on the steak day, and did I read it correctly that a steak should be eaten for lunch and dinner followed by cheese, someone said that above. Please advise I am so dying I have gained two pounds, and I emailed you today Shawna from my office email and I think I emailed Carol too…lol….just nervouse I have worked so very hard to get to this weight.

20. Lindsey says:

I have a question about the tuna and high protein day. Does the mayo have to be sugar free? Because I can’t seem to find one without sugar?

Thanks! :)

• You can use safflower mayo. Usually available in health food stores. Sorry for delay the website was not notifying

Trackbacks