Popcorn on hCG?

Carol’s Facebook Quick Tips #24

Here is a popcorn recipe for hCG Phase 3. Popcorn is acceptable for us if it’s not popped in harmful oils. Air popped is best, but I like mine when I make it with my Whirley Pop(available in the MarketPlace). I place about 2-3 Tbsp. of coconut oil with 1/2 c. popcorn. Drizzle it with melted butter and sprinkle on some sea salt.

Comments

1. Wow that’s exciting news! I love popcorn and have actually been dreaming of the day when I can eat it again. I was planning to buy an air popper, but now I’m interested in the WhirlyPop. :) thanks for the tip! I really thought popcorn was a starch, though. I thought I wouldn’t be able to have it until P4. Is it really ok when popped w/coconut oil or just air for P3? :)

• We have been eating popcorn in p3 with no ill effects with this method. Changing a few key ingredients is key for longterm success of enjoying some of our favorites like popcorn :)

Shawna Culp

• Cfiegener43 says:

You can also save on money and skip the air pop or WhirlyPop. Pour 1/4 cup plain popcorn kernels in a brown lunch bag and pop in microwave while listening to the pop cycle, as microwaves varry in power. Enjoy. My 16 yr. old health freak daughter does this all the time!

2. But it is corn! I am confused and I really want to believe I can eat it, it just makes no sense. Why is it okay?

• If popcorn is not a trigger food or a binge food for you, then it can be acceptable if it is popped without harmful oils. The reason corn is “frowned upon” in P3 is because it is a vegetable that is more starchy. I would only add this if you feel comfortable … there are so many great things to eat when you are working on stabilization, so if you think you may have an issue with it, I would save this for after you have been stabilized for 3 weeks or P4 (lifetime).

3. yumm just made this.. a great treat! Thanks

4. faye coates says:

It is my favorite all time scank in the world. As long as we use coconut oil and are stable in P3, it’s ok, right? If we don’t want to incur the expense of the Whirly Pop, we can do it the old fashioned way on top of the stove in a pot…..as long as we use coconut oil, right?

Yes it should work fine on the stovetop.

“If popcorn is not a trigger food or a binge food for you, then it can be acceptable if it is popped without harmful oils. The reason corn is “frowned upon” in P3 is because it is a vegetable that is more starchy. I would only add this if you feel comfortable … there are so many great things to eat when you are working on stabilization, so if you think you may have an issue with it, I would save this for after you have been stabilized for 3 weeks or P4 (lifetime). ” -Carol

5. Kandi Tobin says:

I ate popcorn in P3 too….I have a big popper, like businesses use…I used coconut oil and even used MCT oil and it worked out fine! Popcorn is the thing I cannot give up…=)

6. Mamajohnski says:

My mom LIGHTLY sprays her popcorn with the Braggs liquid aminos and it gives it almost a cheddar-like taste ;))

7. Nickolene says:

How much is a good serving size?

8. Ttrrydwrds says:

Popcorn is one of my favorite snacks.  In the past I used flax oil with lignans instead of butter.  Would this be ok on p3?