Creamy Ranch Dressing

1 cup cottage cheese (fat free on p2 or full fat on p3)

Creamy Ranch Dressing

1/4 cup of milk soured with 1/2 tsp ACV
1/2 teaspoon dried chives
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper Cream the cottage cheese till all the lumps are gone then add the other ingredients. Let it rest for at least an hour so the flavors mix. If it’s too thick you can thin it down with more milk or cream.
Remember to be vary aware of how much you use in p2 and count it as a protein.

Comments

1. Terrihcg says:

Tis just delish!

2. Caitlinw22 says:

what does cream the cottage cheese mean? how do you do it?

thanks

One way you can do it is to blend the cottage cheese, so that it becomes a creamy consistency instead of having the little clumps in it.

3. Tammydf says:

#1 The original Dr. Simeons diet says you can ONLY have 1 tablespoon of milk per day (not 1/4 cup).  #2 I’m confused on why you would use up a protein for a cup of ranch dressing!

4. this is a used for the cottage cheese in the protocol which is a substitute
    for protein

5. Ashlan_valor says:

How much can you use of it to count it for a 100 grm protein equivalent in P2?
    Thank you for this. I needed a little diversity in my diet as the days ahead will be rather boring without it.

6. New here, and would love to try this dressing since we haven’t been able to find anything we like so far.  But I am confused about how to use it.  100 grams of cottage cheese is a really LARGE amount to put on a salad and count as the full protein for that meal.  Would that mean that I would have to eat all the dressing and not have any other kind of protein at that meal?

7. Oh my God this is awesome! I was trying to find a good dressing for salads and this was tasty. I actually like it more than regular ranch, but I like that it’s not as strong of a taste. It was great with spinach :)

8. Belenda says:

Can I substitute coconut milk for the cow’s milk?  That way, I wouldn’t have to worry about the milk issue.

9. Ocean_minded12 says:

what is ACV, thanks

10. justplainangry says:

My husband uses this dressing in P2 (very carefully) but I’m not sure how to count the calories.  He uses about a tbsp on his lettuce.  Any suggestions?

11. justplainangry says:

When you make the full batch, calculate how many tablespoons are in it and then divide the total calories by that amount, so 500 calories divided by 10 tbsp= 50 calories a serving.

12. I’m on p3 and love this dressing! I didn’t have any cottage cheese the other day, so I used some ricotta. Yummy!

13. yes for p3

14. I was wondering…once we et to p4 do we still want to use full fat dairy or should we go back to low fat?

15. Sleona2000 says:

Any suggestions on how to , “Sour” the milk? Does that just mean let it spoil? Lol. Thank you.

16. This sounds good…but I am not a cottage cheese fan AT ALL….Is it possible for me to use non fat greek yogurt instead??? would love to try this tonight on my salad

17. This is amazing!

18. So if I’m doing the math right, this recipe is a total of aprox 192.5 Calaries! I cup of fat free cottage cheese is 160 Cal, and 1/4 cup of milk is roughly 32.5 cal (I did 2%). And there are 16 Tbsp in 1 cup. So then 1 Tbsp is just 12 calaries?? Is that right?

19. i love the idea, but substituting partially steamed cauliflower for the milk and part of the cream cheese and you will not have to worry about all the calories or fat. i still dont believe in fat free cottage cheese, something about it just dont sound right.

20. Ramona Rosario says:

Shawna this is the recipe I was talking about using on P2. I’m going to try it on my salad tmrw. I have been eating dry lettuce since I hate all the dressings. I bought LCM heavenly ranch. I will not add the milk to it bcs I would rather the milk in my coffee. I will put the heavenly ranch in the cottage cheese after I cream it. I think that should be ok, right?

21. Ramona Rosario says:

Speaking of cottage cheese. I get tired of so much meat so I decided to try just cottage cheese today with strawberries. I ate that as my protein and found it quite filling. I will let you know how the scale looks in the morning. Since pounds and inches says cottage cheese can be used as a protein, I figured why not. It was very yummy.