It happens to the best of us. We set out with great intentions to not succumb to the pumkin pie and fattening carbs of the holiday meal. What happens if we cheat and we are on the hCG VLCD. I wanted to give you some tips to detoxify and get back on track. According to Dr. Simeons if you cheat you will have a 3 day plateau with no weight loss and possible gain. Expect this and don’t be disappointed if it takes 4 days to get yourself back on track.
Here are a few tips to get you back on track:
1. Immediately restart your 500 calorie diet and follow the strict protocol in Dr. Simeons Pounds and Inches
2. Make sure you are getting at least 2 liters of water a day.
3. Try using detox tips on the tips page. click here
4. Stress can hinder your weight loss so relax and get plenty of rest.
5. Reread Pounds and Inches click the link to the right and there is a section on cheating and getting back on track. Here are the food choices to get you back to losing those pounds and inches and keep you from crying at the scale!
Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours. Saccharin or other sweeteners may be used.
1. 100 grams of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed. The chicken must be removed from the bird.
2. One type of vegetable only to be chosen from the following: spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage.
3. One bread stick (grissini) or one Melba toast.
4. An apple or an orange or a handful of strawberries or one-half grapefruit.
The same four choices as lunch.